Thursday, December 30, 2010

Some Interesting Quotes

There are lots of quotes that everyone had heard or read. There are few quotes which keeps ringing in your ears always when it comes from the Greats or your opponent or foe or friends.

Sachin Tendulkar

"Success is a process... During that journey sometimes there are stones thrown at you, and you convert them into milestones"

"I used to think like Sehwag; in fact, i was worse"

"When you know that you are settled, then you should shift into the next gear, and then again maybe if someone is bowling well you can come down a little"

"Hansie Cronje. Honestly. I got out to Hansie more than anyone ... I never knew what to do with him"

"If one man is representing India in cricket, then yes, blame that person when things go wrong."

Virender Sehwag


"Everyone told me I was hitting the good balls too, but If you look at it my way I hit only the bad ones"

"I don't believe in technique, I believe in performance.If you are tough, whether you have technique or not , you will survive"

Mahendra Singh Dhoni

"The last game we played with three fast bowlers and one spinner, and we were 21 minutes short. If we play with four fast bowlers, definitely I'll get a match ban"

"Frankly speaking I don't understand Duckworth-Lewis. I just wait for the umpire's decision."

"In the first innings, they were 22 from 13 overs. I said to Rahul Dravid, Look at the board, we won't see that again"

Mansur Ali Khan Patuadi

"The ICC may well be the voice of cricket; the BCCI is an invoice"

Stuart Carlise

"When I was on 70, they kept reminding me 77 was my highest score, and when I got past that, they kept reminding me I was after my first hundred as well"

Farokh Engineer

"Sunny. Don't get out first ball. It's a long way back to the pavilion."

Steve Waugh

"We lost the match against Sachin not to India"

"You got have dreams to keep you going"

Simon Katich

"I am the only guy there with some hair on my chest. Unfortunately the rest of my team are all metrosexuals."

Ashley Mallett

"I went and saw Haury [Nathan Hauritz] two days before he left for India [in 2004]. He was averaging 64 a wicket and they picked him. If I was averaging 64 a wicket I probably would have given the game away."

Sunil Gavaskar

" I am not a good watcher of the game... I think cricket is a boring game to watch"

Graeme Pollock

"See the ball , hit the ball"

Stuart Broad

"I would have probably been fined my whole match fee if my Dad had been the match referee."

Garfield Sobers

"If I had my time over again, I would never have played cricket. Why? Because of people like you. The press do nothing but criticise."

Harabhajan Singh

"I can get Ponting out any time. I think I can get him even after I come post a six-month lay-off ... [he] had a lot to say about our players and about the way we play our cricket. In fact, it is Ponting who first needs to go and learn to bat against spin bowling."

Brett Lee

"Steve Waugh had once said that if we get Laxman, it's a miracle"

Billy Bowden

"Life without sports is like life without underpants"

Micheal Holding

"You can ask any fast bowler. If he says he has never tampered with the ball, he either has just started playing, or is lying."

Glenn McGrath

"No. 11 is the probably the toughest place to bat. There are days when I'm hitting them well and the guy at the other end gets out. There must be a massive innings coming up to even everything all up. "

Shane Warne

"Never enough! Whatever it is in life, it's never enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment